[linux-dvb] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Juri Haberland wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Juri Haberland wrote:
> >> So, the problem is in the new firmware. I can successfully use the
> >> current (from tonight) CVS with the old firmware (*-icam). If I
> >> use the new firmware I get reliably A/V desync.
> >
> > Unfortunately, this is exactly what I suspected (see my posts on
> > the vdr mailing list). As I don't have access to the firmware
> > sources, there is nothing I can do. :-(  We have to wait until a
> > firmware developer finds the time to fix it.
> >
> > Perhaps I should mention another problem which might be related to
> > this and occurres more often (for me):
> > Occasionally, either audio or video is missing when I try to watch
> > ARD on Astra (PIDs 101/102). Tuning to another channel and
> > switching back does never help. When this problem occurres, (all?)
> > other channels which use the same PID values show the same problem,
> > i.e. it appears to be PID-related. This happened after doing some
> > vdr recordings on SAT.1 and Pro-7 (don't know whether this is
> > important).
> > Reloading the driver is the only way to fix this...
>
> Never had this one, maybe it's DVB-S specific?

Maybe. I'm using a DVB-S Nexus with a 9/8 DiSEqC multi-switch.
Right now I can't tell how to reproduce this in a reliable way.
It occurres from time to time...

> Though I often have channels that stay black and without sound after
> tuning, but if I tune to the next channel and back again I get
> picture and sound. But then, I think this was also the case with the
> old firmware. Have to check it.

If video *and* sound are missing, you have some tuning problems.
I had this, too, until I added retransmissions in my diseqc.config and
disabled zig-zag scanning in the driver. But that's another story.

Oliver