[linux-dvb] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Juri Haberland wrote:
Oliver Endriss wrote:

Juri Haberland wrote:

With the new drivers 1.0.0-rc1 and -rc2 I experience desync of a/v in
VDR after viewing a recording (also on other occasions; viewing a
recording is just an easy way to reproduce. Sometimes it needs just a
short disturbance in the receiption to get out of sync.). This does
not happen with a driver from CVS as of 13. January. This is very
reproducable. It affects all programs on the same frequency (I use
DVB-T) but vanishes, if I switch to a channel on another frequency.
This happens also, if I use the old firmware (from the 13-01 driver)
with the new driver, so it seems to be not a problem of the new
firmware.
I also noticed a/v sync problems once or twice but I cannot reproduce it. On http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/ there are daily snapshots of the driver. Could you please try to find out the *precise* date when this bug was introduced? If you could report this date I will check what has been changed...

Ok, did that and found out, that I made a mistake while initially
testing old vs. new firmware (I didn't rebuild the driver) as the
problem started with the driver from 11feb03. The only real change in
this one vs. 11feb was the inclusion of the new firmware.

So, the problem is in the new firmware. I can successfully use the
current (from tonight) CVS with the old firmware (*-icam). If I use the
new firmware I get reliably A/V sync.

I can confirm this. I used the new firmware with different driver versions starting from Jan 13 snapshot. All had the A/V sync problems.

Wolfgang
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Juri