[linux-dvb] Aw: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV

Hello again,

----- Original Nachricht ----
Von:     Rob.McConnell@Zarlink.Com
An:      linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Datum:   20.03.03 11:04
Betreff: [linux-dvb] Re: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV

> What you are experiencing is usual with TVs that except RGB inputs but do
> not have the capability to understand whether the RGB fast-blanking signal
> on pin-16 is always high or switches high only when there is a valid area
> to insert the RGB information in.

Yes, I think that's exactly the Problem

> When you switch to another TV channel and the card is still outputting RGB,
> then the TV's RGB input will still be active.  The TV can only sync to one
> input and hence chooses the most suitable which is the TV channel that you
> are watching.  The scrolling RGB signal occurs because it is completely out
> of sync with the picture you are watching.

Yes, You described exactly my problem

> Check to see if your TV has a dedicated RGB input mode.  For example, older
> TVs used to be able to cycle around the AV inputs and RGB (AV1 -> AV2 ->
> AV3 -> RGB ->TV).

No, no chance, I can simply switch from TV to AV and back.

> If it does, then you can simply disconnect pin 16 of the
> scart cable and things should work well.

When I disconnect Pin 16, the whole Screen stays black, now I can switch on my TV.
Well, that means I have to build some kind of circuit with a relais, that I can switch
Pin 16 on and off by Remote. Perhaps I can use the on/off Backlight switching from
my LCD with LIRC. Something like this, I have to think about it.

> BTW, what make of TV is it and model?

I dont know the exact model, its an older Grundig. The panel in front of the
system-buttons disapeared, and I think that was the place where the model description
was written. I also dont have a user-manual.
In fact I inherited this TV from my Grand-Aunt.
But It makes a brilliant Picture, and the Sound is coming from my stereo.

> Hope this helps,

Yes, this was all very helpful.
Thanks to all of you.

I have to go now to my Electronic-Trader and buy some components for my relais-circuit

Greetings Andreas Schwenk