[linux-dvb] DVB Driver & Porting

Hi Linux-DVB Community!

Since some moment I think about crazy idea about transfering Linux DVB
software into Windows. Last week I started some experiments with Cygwin
and was realy impressed by results. A lot of libraries/programs that
are used by LinuxDVB software are recompiled and working fine
under Windows using Cygwin package (like mplayer/mencoder...).
I tried to recompile DVB-specific applications like mpegtools
and libsi (vdr-library) and they are working too!!!

So I think now: Why not to port vdr and other great Linux software?

Of course it is realy hard to port hardware specific code to Windows
but it is realy not needed becouse all this stuff is done using native
Windows drivers.

So I have a following idea for porting:
Why not to create some generic DVB-Driver that will use Linux DVB API
and that will just call native windows-driver code using Cygwin functions?

Currently for WinSTB project (open source DVB Viewer for which Im leader
of development team) we have 4 DVB-Card families supported with internal common API and they are SkyStar1,SkyStar2,TwinHan,PCTVSat.
For all of them written OSD & mpeg2 display support so there much of
experince with such things.
So if someone are interesed in idea of porting DVB software using Cygwin
and have clear understanding of how Linux DVB Driver works then
that would be very great. Becouse Im not experienced Linux developer
and Im affraid that I can not do much in that area. But I promise
that if linux part will be done that Windows part will be done also.

What Do You think about it?
Is it possible?
Anyone want to participate?

With best wishes