[linux-dvb] Re: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV

HI Folks,

What you are experiencing is usual with TVs that except RGB inputs but do
not have the capability to understand whether the RGB fast-blanking signal
on pin-16 is always high or switches high only when there is a valid area
to insert the RGB information in.

When you switch to another TV channel and the card is still outputting RGB,
then the TV's RGB input will still be active.  The TV can only sync to one
input and hence chooses the most suitable which is the TV channel that you
are watching.  The scrolling RGB signal occurs because it is completely out
of sync with the picture you are watching.

Check to see if your TV has a dedicated RGB input mode.  For example, older
TVs used to be able to cycle around the AV inputs and RGB (AV1 -> AV2 ->
AV3 -> RGB ->TV).  If it does, then you can simply disconnect pin 16 of the
scart cable and things should work well.

BTW, what make of TV is it and model?

Hope this helps,

Rob ;-)

                      Oliver Endriss
                      <o.endriss@gmx.de        To:       linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [linux-dvb] Re: SCART-RGB-Cable blocks my TV
                      linux-dvb-bounce@
                      linuxtv.org

                      20-Mar-2003 01:20
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      linux-dvb

Andreas Schwenk wrote:
> I read a lot about "getting no Picture from SCART"
> I HAVE a PICTURE, but can't get rid of it!!!!!

What happens when you disconnect the wire to pin 16 of the scart?

Oliver

linux-dvb" as subject.