[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Driver & Porting

get serious: a friend of mine is currently starting a LinuxDVB API port to MacOS X, so you're in a good neighborhood, when anybody of you is encountering serious troubles we'll really consider to add portability patches you propose to our CVS...
Not sure but I thougth that MacOS X is Unix-based. Becouse of that
some kind of recompilation for MacOS X is possible but Windows
(unfortunatelly) it is completelly different story... 8(

Why not to create some generic DVB-Driver that will use Linux DVB API
and that will just call native windows-driver code using Cygwin functions?
I'd follow your way, but I don't know much about the Windows API so I really can't estimate the required efforts.
Actually I can do everything about Windows. Only work is needed is
to rearange already writen code and make dll.
To make thing little bit clear:

for each DVBCard (at least) following functions are implemented:
DVBInitProc
DVBExitProc
AddFilterProc (Register callback function which return number of stream packets)
DelFilterProc
GetSignalLevelAndQuality
SetDISEQC
SetChannel (Sets VPID,APID,PCR,TPID)
StartRecordingProc
StopRecordingProc
SetAudioVolume
OSDCreateWindow
OSDDestroyWindow
OSDResetBlend
OSDSetColorBlend
OSDSetWindowBlend
OSDSetBlend
OSDSetColor
OSDBringToTop
OSDSetFont
OSDWriteText
OSDHideWindow
OSDMoveWindowRel
OSDMoveWindowAbs
OSDSetWindowTrans
OSDDrawLine
OSDDrawBlock
For Budget-DVBCards all mpeg2 playback and OSD functions are emulated
using DirectShow. For SS1 hardware used.
I can easyly change parameters and calling conventions. So Windows part
will not be problem.

Is it possible to port WinSTB to non-Windows operatings systems? If so we would have 3 pretty good DVB TV UI applications out there, VDR, Enigma and WinSTB...
It is writen in Delphi 7. Possibly porting using Kylix is possible
but not sure that it would be easy becouse of budget DVB-Cards.
DirectShow used for them... Anyway some common DVB API is needed.

Feel free to contact us about any questions and problems you get, even if most of us don't have much Windows experience we can probably help you about all problems regarding DVB and the LinuxTV infrastructure.
I have one huge problem: I have no Linux development/usage experience.
For that project it is needed to recompile Linux sources for Cygwin
but some includes are missed in Cygwin installation. When I tried to
compile mpegtools I just recreated some missed *.h files but when I tried to
compile vdr for Cygwin then I had too much problem (althougth libsi
compiled without any problem) and I am afraid that I can not do that by myself.

With best wishes
Epmak