[linux-dvb] Broken HW ?

Hello,

I tried to get my Hauppauge DVBs 2.1 card running today,
with some success, but...

Got 1.0.0-pre2 tarball, 2.4.21-pre5-ac3 kernel, debian testing,
first time when I make insmod got a bunch of modules installed
tried szap. No tuning occured since the satellite cable wasn't
plugged. szap reported something about signal being 0. OK.

So far so good, plugged the cable in, rebooted, make insmod,
OK, then szap... Box crashed hard, nothing working, even HW
power button, I had to press it more than 5 secs to get the
forced ATX power halt.

But when I powered that box on again, nothing, black screen...
unplugged the DVB card from PCI slot, and it booted properly !

I've tried all pci slots with no luck, the screen remain desperately
black when the card is in... Tried to remove VGA IRQ option
from Bios. Removed remaining NIC PCI card. Nothing can get
that box boot.
I tried in another computer, nothing more than a black screen...

Now comes my questions: Is the card screwed, or is there
something else I can try ? No single chip seems to be burnt
on the card, but I know it's not a proof of it being healthy.
Has someone already encountered such kind of problem ?

Oh, I was about to forgot that: I realised afterwards that my
Sat Descrambler powered itself up on schedule during the
DVBs attempts, and since the DVB is hooked to the LNB
loop connector of that box... Is it possible that this had a bad
effect on the PCI DVBs board ? A voltage spike ?

Those cards seems rather fragile... It's a shame, since I had the
intention to buy CI + card reader if I manage to get it working,
but now... I don't think I'll spend 200 Euros more for such a bad
piece of HW.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Vincent Legoll