[linux-dvb] Re: Any confirmed success under RedHat 8.0?

> I installed Debian Woody yesterday and upgraded to Kernel 2.4.20. During
> boot-up, Debian keeps two separate /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf
> files.

These two files are quite different in nature. modules.conf is just the
standard modules.conf detailing configuration of some modules. The modules
file is Debian specific and contains a list of modules to modprobe (load) at
boot time.

> As a result, I cannot load network drivers.

Between Woody and the testing/unstable kernels there are some differences
between what drivers are built into the kernel and which are built as
modules.  Give modconf a go.  It's a user-friendly util for maintaining the
modules file and provides decent descriptions of what the modules provide.
It also works with custom kernels.

> Furthermore, my PS/2 mouse is not seen by the system (no /dev/mouse).

It seems Holger just beat me to this one ;)

I notice from your earlier email that you got as far trying to build the dvb
drivers, but you didn't mention what went wrong.  If you give this
information, people will find it much easier to help you out.

Alex