[linux-dvb] Re: Any confirmed success under RedHat 8.0?

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Dimanche 23 Mars 2003 13:40, Holger Waechtler a écrit :
>> Please ask any distribution-related questions on the mailing
>> lists/forums/irc channels that care about them, the linux-dvb mailing
>> list is not intended to provide installation and linux newbie support.
>
> Thank you for the answer. The purpose of my question was to say I was getting
> back to RedHat 8.0. Therefore, I would like to know whether a single person
> was able to compile DVB under RedHat 8.0 or not.
>
> If the answer is NO, I would like to provide access to my system remotely
> using SSH. Can DVB bve compiled under RedHat 8.0?

Hi Jean-Michel,

what about just chosing _one_ distribution, install it, try to install
the DVB drivers and if you don't succeed, come back to the list with
_exact_ error messages?

IMO this will be the fastest way. Switching distributions just because it
didn't work for you the first time you tried will not bring you anywhere
soon.

See my other mail on the list on how I installed successfully the drivers
on a RH7.3 system with the same kernel that is available for RH8.0.

Cheers,
Juri

PS: and please don't use subjects that refer to distribution X while in
the body of the mail you talk about distribution Y.