[linux-dvb] Re: Any confirmed success under RedHat 8.0?

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
Dear all,

I installed Debian Woody yesterday and upgraded to Kernel 2.4.20. During boot-up, Debian keeps two separate /etc/modules and /etc/modules.conf files.
this is not correct. modules.conf is generated and maintained by a script called update-modules. This one collects templates located in /etc/modutils/ and merges them into a resulting modules.conf file.

So for Debian you just have to copy the modules.conf file to a file called /etc/modutils/dvb and then run (as root) update-modules.

You can also maintain the modules.conf file completely manually, read the comments in /etc/modules.conf for details.

As a result, I cannot load network drivers. Furthermore, my PS/2 mouse is not seen by the system (no /dev/mouse).
/dev/mouse is a compatibility link on some systems. PS2 mouses use the /dev/psaux device.

Please ask any distribution-related questions on the mailing lists/forums/irc channels that care about them, the linux-dvb mailing list is not intended to provide installation and linux newbie support.

Holger