[linux-dvb] Re: how to use bt8xx card?

> I'm install the dvb-kernel driver for my pinnacle pctv sat card. This card
> based on bt878 chip. I successfully compile the driver, load the
> modules, but i don't know how to watching the tv channels ?

I'm not exactly sure of the tuning method for satelite tuners, but you
probably want to take a look at szap from the 1.0.0-pre2 release or tuxzap
from http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html.  This should allow you to tune
the card to a channel.

You can then use a command like this to watch the video:

cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | ts2ps 600 601 | mplayer -

The ts2ps util is part of the dvb-mpegtools package, also available from
http://metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html.  The two numbers are the video and
audio pids of the channel that you want to watch.

Cheers,
Alex