[linux-dvb] making the API document more precise

Hello Metzler brothers,

first of all I would like to thank you for your work on linux dvb drivers.
They are working fine and keep my dvb-linux-box running.

At the moment I am reading your Linux DVB API 3 document and playing with some of the devices.
Now I got into little trouble while using the a ioctl function AUDIO_SET_MIXER on a sound device.
My fault was a misused value in the audio_mixer struct.
But the API manual could not help me with that.  It is not clear enough in describing the data structures.
I would like to see the limits of the several values.
My mistake can be explained by look at the struct audio_mixer.
It has two values of type unsigned int, one for the left and one right channel volume.
But they aren't used in full range. The function SetVolume in the kernel module av7110.c
scales them down to a eight bit value. This must be because of the I2C registers in the DACs.
The longer the speech, the less thought.
I think the API document could be more precise and should define ranges for the single values.
However, we all know how dissatisfying writing documentation can be.
Keep working on real important thinks and make the linux dvb conquer the world within every set-top-box.
We developer can have a look at the module sources.
As far as they stay open source and available to everyone.

--
                \\\///
  Tim Lapawa    (o  -)   tim@lapawa.net