[linux-dvb] Re: Audio sync

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Does anybody else have problem with audio sync, it is quite bad (nearly
> ridiculous) on Nexus DVB-T, not so bad on Nexus DVB-S.
> Yesterday I tested the version on CVS, no better than before.
> The driver I'm using now is linux-dvb.2002-12-08.tar.bz2 pack from
> vdr-project, no problem there.

Yes, I reported it here twice, but no response from the developers.
A couple of other users had this problem, too.
If you switch to a channel on a different frequency (DVB-T) and back the
sound is in most cases in sync again.

I traced it back to the new firmware. If you replace the files Root and
Dpram with Root-icam and Dpram-icam in DVB/driver/av7110 and recompile,
you get the old firmware. You will see that the problem is gone.

It's actually quite annoying and makes the new firmware IMHO somewhat
useless, which is sad as it has the long standing OSD fix (amongst other
things). Currently I'm back to the old one :(

Cheers,
Juri