[linux-dvb] Re: am adding analog module support for DVB-C

Tim Lapawa wrote:

> I am currently working on changes in the dvb module source to support
> the analog module for the DVB-C cards.
> I've collected all necessary documentation and got an idea how all the parts fit together.
>
> Some simple functions like audio mixer settings and audio path routing
> within the MSP3403 chip are currently working.  Therefore I added an
> new AUDIO_DAC type into the av7110.c. So the SetVolume function work
> for DVB-C card with analog module.

Great!

> But currently I have no idea how the analog TV functionality should be
> added to the ioctl interface. Can it be a part of the DVB-API? I think
> this is not the right place for it. But building a own video4linux
> device would prevent us from using DVB and analog TV at the same time.
>
> The analog video output from the AD-converter saa7113 is connected to
> the port D1 B at the SAA7146. So I must switch the SAA7146 to another
> port, when someone wants to see analoge channels.
>
> What do you think? What would be the better interface for userspace?

I've no idea, sorry.

I just want to point you to the mxb driver in the dvb-kernel CVS
module, which is for an analog saa7146 based TV card with video4linux2
interface. It would be a good idea to base your development on that
tree. Maybe there are some common components to these two boards
(they're both from Siemens).

Regards,
Johannes