[linux-dvb] am adding analog module support for DVB-C

Tim Lapawa writes:
 > Hello developers at convergence,
 >
 > I am currently working on changes in the dvb module source to support
 > the analog module for the DVB-C cards.
 > I've collected all necessary documentation and got an idea how all the parts fit together.
 >
 > Some simple functions like audio mixer settings and audio path routing within the MSP3403 chip are currently working.
 > Therefore I added an new AUDIO_DAC type into the av7110.c. So the SetVolume function work for DVB-C card with analog module.
 >
 > But currently I have no idea how the analog TV functionality should be added to the ioctl interface. Can it be a part of the DVB-API? I think this is not the right place for it. But building a own video4linux device would prevent us from using DVB and analog TV at the same time.
 >
 > The analog video output from the AD-converter saa7113 is connected to the port D1 B at the SAA7146. So I must switch the SAA7146 to another port, when someone wants to see analoge channels.
 >
 > What do you think? What would be the better interface for userspace?

Think of it as just another v4l TV card where instead of a S-Video (or
FBAS) input you have a DVB input. So analog tuning is via v4l and DVB
tuning is via DVB API. Input switching is done by v4l.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |