[linux-dvb] Rép. : Cards architecture

Anne-Laure Selignan writes:

 > >All of the Hauppauge cards only have one frontend. The "big" cards
 > >(just called DVB-[SCT] or Nexus cards) have one hardware demultiplexer.
 > >The Nova cards have no demultiplexer. They only deliver the complete
 > >transport stream which is then demultiplexed in software.
 >
 > So which cards do you talk about in your paper from Linux Kongress (p9) when you say that newer hardware even offers several frontends, demuxers and decoders on a single chip?
 > Do they exist for DVB-T?

We were talking about DVB hardware in general.
The trend is to use dumber and cheaper hardware (no demux/decoder)
on PCI cards and let the PC handle the rest.

You will find the newer DVB chips with multiple demuxes and decoders
in the next generation of stand-alone set-top-boxes.
Maybe some will also find their way on a PCI card. But there are no
such cards on the market yet.

Ralph