[linux-dvb] Haupp WinTV-Nexus Rev.2.2 - No OSD

Hi All,

After receiving a Rev2.2 of the Nexus-S I have many troubles with the DVB
drivers regarding the OSD.

I'm using the latest DVB 1.0pre2 driver with VDR 1.1.26. Kernel 2.4.20.
Everything I can compile without error, same with install. (makedev.napi is
executed)
After a "make insmod" with the driver the firmware logo is displayed. After
starting VDR with OSD activated, nothing happens. No channel is tuned
(config files are in correct dir), no OSD is displayed at all. With VDR and
option DEBUG_OSD=1 which switches off OSD via DVB card I can learn keys and
then choose a channel. But still no picture.
The funny thing is I get _no_ error message at all in /var/log/messaged.
Hardware is recognized, VDR recognizes DVB card.

Then I went back to DVB driver 0.9.4 and VDR 1.0.4, the version I used up
to now.
When installing DVB card, firmware logo is displayed, then channel NTV is
tuned. Nothing special.
When starting VDR it now depends if I am using OSD on DVB or not. If not I
can use VDR as normal, switch channels - everything. If I use OSD then I
get an immediate ARM crash and VDR hangs.

I know that with the old drivers there were problems with internal RAM and
OSD size. I tried this and reduced OSD size in VDR - but no success.

BTW: Under Win2k the card work without flaws with OSD. At least I know that
the hardware itself is working.

My question is:

Has anybody used a REV2.2 Hauppauge DVB-S card before with success?
Has anything changed in the card design? Ram, chips, whatever?

Any suggestions what is going wrong?

Jörg