[linux-dvb] Re: Unknown error 769

Antonio Mosquera Quindimil wrote:
Hi !

I am trying to run the piece of code that I send you
but when I try to read it returns an error:
"read: Unknown error 769"

Can anyone give an idea of the problem.?
that's the self-defined -EBUFFEROVERFLOW in old versions of the DVB driver and in the Metzler-source. Please use a recent driver and you should get -EOVERFLOW which is correctly recognized by the libc.

Whenever you get this error code an internal ringbuffer overflow occured. You can avoid this by collecting your data fast enough and optimizing the buffer size using the DMX_SET_BUFFER_SIZE ioctl.

But in most situations this error is not critical anyway, you can safely ignore it. DVB section data is always transmitted repetitive.

Holger