[linux-dvb] Which DVB-S budget card?

Hi all,

I've got a Debian box working with a DVB-T card (Nebula), using the dvb-kernel code. I use it to record programmes to disk, and wiew them later (from another computer). I don't care about live TV.

I now want to add a DVB-S card, so that I can receive the free-to-air broadcasts which are on ('Sky digital') Astra 28.2E. The dish and cabling is there.

Basically, which card should I go for? I don't need any MPEG decoding hardware or TV-out etc., nor do I need a CI. I would just Google for the cheapest, but I don't know what works with the Linux DVB code.

Any recommendations? And what about suppliers here in the UK?

Thanks,
Richard.