[linux-dvb] Re: Getting started

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Otto J. Makela wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:25:35 -0500, JosceJ@netscape.net wrote:
>
> > You will propably find this link usefull:
> > http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/dvb/
>
> Thanks!
>
> There is one problem: the channels.conf given on this page does not
> seem to be for the czap that came with the linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2
> package, which seems to expect something with eight colon-separated
> fields per line and this one has 13...?
>
> I can't seem to locate a diff for czap.c on this page, either?

  I have not used much czap, I have done testing with dvbtune, and then
went to VDR http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/ . Is your plan to run
VDR also?  Just test it straight away, might work out of the box.  Or you
can use the perl script below to convert from vdr to czap channels.conf:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
while (<>) {
    my ($name, $freq, $opt, $dev, $sym, $vpid, $apid) = split /[:,]/;
    next unless defined $apid;
    my ($inv, $fec, $qam) = ('INVERSION_AUTO', 'FEC_NONE', 'QAM_64');
    if ($opt =~ /M([0-9]+)/) {
	$qam = "QAM_$1";
    }
    if ($opt =~ /I0/) {
	$inv = 'INVERSION_OFF';
    }
    if ($opt =~ /I1/) {
	$inv = 'INVERSION_ON';
    }
    $freq *= 1000;
    $sym *= 1000;
    print "$name:$freq:$inv:$sym:$fec:$qam:$vpid:$apid\n";
}

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com