[linux-dvb] New to the list; Pinnacle PCTV issues

Hello all -
   I'm a newcomer to the list and just getting into the world of DVB...

   I also have a Pinnacle PCTV-Sat, and while it seems to perform quite
well under W2k, I am having a bit of a time of it trying to get it
functional under Linux. Looking at the card, it uses a Conexant chipset
and bt878. In the dvb driver package there is a front end for the chip
(cx24110.c) but it does not compile into a module. I diddled a bit with
the makefile and got it to compile a cx24110.o module which
successfully loaded. What can I do to verify that it is working at all?
   I get the impression that the Pinnacle card is somewhat limited in
its features (no hardware MPEG, no decrypt capabilities) and as such
that limits the display software that will work with it - is this true?
If so, what works the best with this card?

Thanks for the patience...