[linux-dvb] Re: How to start with Pinnacle PCTV Sat

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 06:56:17PM +0200, Volker Cordes wrote:
> Andreas Oberritter wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 18:17, Volker Cordes wrote:
> >

> >It looks like no frontend driver was loaded or no driver could find a
> >frontend. What kind of frontend/tuner/demodulator does a pinnacle pctv
> >have?
> >
> I don't know, I thought dvb-bt8xx was the frontend and it's loaded.
As far as I know, the dvb-bt8xx driver does not contain a frontend. The Bt8xx
chip on the Pinnacle PCTV Sat is only PCI interface and DMA.

> >Did you modprobe stv0299?
> >
> Yes, it was loaded successfully but there's no change.
Well, the Pinnacle PCTV Sat does not use an stv0299 frontend, but rather a
frontend made up of conexant chips cx24108(tuner) and cx24110(decoder).

A frontend driver for this frontend is in preparation.

Regards,
Peter Hettkamp
--
"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"