[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nexus-S Rev2.2 for driver developers for evaluation

Emard writes:
 > > I have a Nexus-S 2.2 and OSD works without problems.
 > >
 > > The 2.2 (contrary to the 2.1) even has the advantage that it already has the
 > > TS signal lines connected to port B of the SAA7146. Only the divider
 > > chips are missing (at least on my card) but could probably be replaced
 > > with a connection from GPIO3 to vsync as on the hardware patch.
 > >

 > > Ralph
 >
 > Gee, they could have put the jumper for gpio3-vysnc on the card...
 > Maybe it'll be a feature on board release 2.3 :)?

Probably not. All the connections and soldering points for the divider
chips are already there on the cards. Just the chips are missing.
I just meant that connecting GPIO3 would be easier than finding a
shop which sells the chips and soldering them. For the vsync pin you
could even use one of the small soldering pads.

I am wondering if there are cards out there where the chips are
included? Who else has a revision 2.2 card?
The missing (or not) chips are on the other side of the tuner box
(seen from the SAA7146).

Btw., the TS connections seem to be directly at the input of the AV7110
which means they are after the CI. So, if you use CI, you also get the
decrypted TS.

Ralph