[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T in Australia

mark.hawes@dmr.com.au wrote:
Holger,

Thanks for the prompt response. I take it that the log indicated a weak signal.

I will do some work on my antenna installation. Can you briefly explain the fields reported in the log and indicate what a good signal should appear like.
The bitfield signals the sync status of your frontend, see the fe_status_t definition in frontend.h for details. A completely working frontend has all bits set (status == 0x1f).

In reality you only have to check the FE_HAS_LOCK bit, this will get set if all other bits below are set.

signal means the signal strength in range 0x0000...0xffff, snr the signal-noise ratio, range is 0x0000...0xffff too.

ber is the bit error rate, unc the number of uncorrected errornous MPEG packets after the frontend's error correction.

Holger