[linux-dvb] Re: 2 same budgets don't work

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> >>I have seen such effect as well. 2 same budget-type cards
> >>don't work as far as I can tell. (it's not only on DVB but it
> >>also appiles to dvb-kernel). There's some confilct in the
> >>data structures describing software demux, some things that
> >>should be separated for each budget cards seem to be shared
> >>by both and therefore both can't work at the same time.
> >>

> > Well, I was able to make 4 budget cards work, and I am now testing
5.

> >>2 different budget cards may work but if you insmod it only
> >>once. If you rmmod drivers, insmod again and rmmod,
> >>it second time it will give kernel oops when using 2 different
> >>types of budget cards.
> >>

> > I have not encountered such problems with insmoding (though, I
agree
> > something goes terribly wrong after 5 or more times of
insmod/rmmod).
> > Regarding the 2 different types of cards, that is my experience
also.

> Could you please explain your problems a bit more in detail?

Well, as I said, I had no problems making 4 cards to work. I am doing
this for over 18 months, so I had lots of time to test several cards
working together. The thing is that with the dvb...pre1 drivers, after
let's say more than 5-8 rmmod/insmod I receive a kernel oops. The same
error I receive (and this was forever, with all the other older
drivers) when I try to make 2 different kinds of cards working
together (for example T and S).
Since I had to do other things too, I had no time to test the
dvb...pre2 drivers.

Another problem I experience is about low symbol rates, but I'll start
another thread on it again.

If you have any answers (not necessarily solutions) to my problems,
I'll be greatfull.

Aurelian