[linux-dvb] Re: 2 same budgets don't work

Aurelian Pop wrote:
Holger Waechtler wrote:

Aurelian Pop wrote:

Any ideas if there is something wrong with my cards or in the
driver? Or am I just doing something wrong. The system detects
two cards and is partially able to use them both. But getting
stream out of both at the same time is a problem.

//jani
I have seen such effect as well. 2 same budget-type cards
don't work as far as I can tell. (it's not only on DVB but it
also appiles to dvb-kernel). There's some confilct in the
data structures describing software demux, some things that
should be separated for each budget cards seem to be shared
by both and therefore both can't work at the same time.

Well, I was able to make 4 budget cards work, and I am now testing
5.

2 different budget cards may work but if you insmod it only
once. If you rmmod drivers, insmod again and rmmod,
it second time it will give kernel oops when using 2 different
types of budget cards.

I have not encountered such problems with insmoding (though, I
agree

something goes terribly wrong after 5 or more times of
insmod/rmmod).

Regarding the 2 different types of cards, that is my experience
also.

Could you please explain your problems a bit more in detail?

Well, as I said, I had no problems making 4 cards to work. I am doing
this for over 18 months, so I had lots of time to test several cards
working together. The thing is that with the dvb...pre1 drivers, after
let's say more than 5-8 rmmod/insmod I receive a kernel oops.
Please report the ksymoops output, the sentence 'there is a oops' is pretty meaningless...

You can generate this by doing right after the oops:

$ dmesg | ksymoops > oops.log

and send the resulting file to this mailinglist.

Holger