[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune / Nova-T unable to lock on frequencyproblems

Holger Waechtler wrote:

When you are not sure about the correct parameter sets you might want to use e.g. scan (DVB/apps/scan/) to create a correct channel list for you...
It would be helpful if you put in the README in the scan directory that you need to edit initial.h to provide it with a suitable frequency for this to work. Following your instructions here and in the README for scan produced absolutely nothing. It was only because I've been struggling with this for so long that I know the frequencies by heart, that I noticed that it was checking the wrong frequencies, and it took a bit of digging to figure out how to change that.

Also, I assumed I would need to provide it with any frequencies I wanted it to check, but it seems it can check all the frequencies if it has one correct one (at least I now have a very full channels.conf with entries for any valid frequency and I only provided it with frequencies for BBC and ITV). This would also be worth mentioning in the README.

Having said that, this seems to be a very helpful little utility once you've figured it out. And I assume the fact that it was able to extract all this information means that my card does not actually have a problem receiving PAT data. As I continue to get weird results using dvbtune -i, this seems to suggest that I either have a problem with dvbtune or the parameters I am passing to it. For BBC, I am doing:

./dvbtune -f 505833 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 -i

and for ITV, I am doing:

./dvbtune -f 481833 -qam 64 -cr 2_3 -i

I think these are right, but still I get wrong listings or no data. Anyone got any idea why it is behaving like this?

Cheers,

Bruno