[linux-dvb] Re: Adapt scan output format to match vdr channels.conf

Jon Burgess wrote:
I put this patch together to adapt the channels.conf output format to that expected by vdr-1.1.27, the patch works for me, but I imagine you will probably want to incorporate it differently so that it doesn't break compatibility with the tzap format.
Hmm, we could add a command line option to choose the output format, then it's compatible to all zap applications...

Another aspect of the patch adds support for multiple audio pids which vdr accepts in a comma separated list.
great, nice feature!

The patch needs work on the Cable & Sat output format, but I don't have any way to try that out. I have recently found a similar "vdrscan" patch on the vdr portal, so I may try to merge them together.
I'm at home right now and don't have any DVB cards here, so I'll look a bit more into this next week.

I thought i'd send it now anyway, just in case anyone else finds it useful.
great work, could you please modify this so that the user can choose the output format by command line parameter, then I'll apply it immediatly to the CVS repository.

Holger