[linux-dvb] Re: TT DVB-T - Further problems

--On den 22 april 2003 22:42 +0100 Edward Wildgoose <ed@wildgooses.com> wrote:

I am slightly guessing here, but I would say that it dies only when I
switch to a different multiplex, not when I retune to another channel
within a single multiplex.  I could test this exhaustively if it was
interesting info?

Is this what others see?
I haven't been able to try it under windows, but the linux part
indeed is similar to my problems.

I must revise my earlier statement of tzap output - I have seen
both cases where only the ber value seems to halt but the signal
strength varies and the status occasionally is 1F-s (FE_HAS_LOCK),
as Edward describes, and the case where all the values seems to
lock as I described. In both cases, I guess this must really
be a lock up in the sp8870.

I have tried the patch that Jürgen sent yesterday.
Results:
The lock ups sadly still happens, with about the same frequency
as before, I think. The upside is that it now often can unlock
itself on another retune! I wanted to find out what made this
improvement and tried to comment out both the read-pending-
interrupts-readreg and the writereg(0xc05, ...), but it _still_
can recover from these lock ups. Maybe I need to cold boot the
card to get (what I think was) the old behaviour.

I have also played with reading the 0xc05 register after the
sp8870 has been told to go autoprobing on its own (0x0002),
and have read back the same values as it writes when it is
set up for using set parameters. This seems right and good and
correct.

My occasional interferences on some channels sadly isn't
solved by setting those parameters hard (and not by removing
the DECT phone either. :-( ).

Thanks for your work, Jürgen!

/ragge