[linux-dvb] Re: RFC: patch for support of volume control onDVB-C+analogue-module

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 20:47, Andreas Kool wrote:
> I am using the AC3overDVB patch with VDR (means: i use the "Digital-Out" of
> the DVB-C card). I am still not able to control the volume of this output :-(
>
> Does anybody out there know, how to control the volume of the "Digital-Out"?
> Or is this totally impossible?

You cannot control ac3 volume without having an ac3 decoder on board
(assuming that your card does not have one). Maybe you can control pcm
audio when using the digital out, but I don't know that audio chip.

Regards,
Andreas