[linux-dvb] Re: Good card to get

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 10:01  am, Holger Waechtler wrote:

Simeon Walker wrote:

Can you tell us how it is better than the Nova-T? Do the same Linux drivers work?
you need the bt878 driver in the dvb-kernel tree, the release branch has no support for this card (and won't get it since you can't build the driver standalone without patching your kernel - )
Indeed.

I installed a patched (as per code in dvb-kernel) bttv 0.9.4 module, and pulled dvb-kernel from CVS.

Florian Schirmer wrote this driver, IIRC he reported that it works flawlessly on UHF and VHF channels.
I've not heard from him for a while.

I find that the Nebula card is less 'fussy' than the Nova - it'll happily record from any channel. My Nova would often complain that the signal strength wasn't good enough.