[linux-dvb] Re: dec2000-t success

> Yup, there certainly are some glitches left. For me it only works if I do
> everything in a certain order, i.e., dec must be switched on and running
> before I load the kernel module. It also doesn't like the usb-uhci
> interrupt to be shared with my network card (I have to ifconfig down
> eth1). Sometimes the video stream appears to be corrupt, the video looks
> horrible and mplayer complains a lot, otoh the audio is still fine. I
> also have some tuning issues but am not sure whether my channels.conf is
> fully correct.
>
> Also, some of the common tools (tzap, dvbtune etc.) seem to silently
> assume a fully featured (not budget) card and try to setup streams that
> the dec does not deliver ? Which programs are you recommending for tuning
> and playback ?
>
> > > Using kernel 2.4.19 and a CVS of dvb-kernel checked out this morning. I
> > > had to make one modifcation to ttusb_dec.c, in line 865 changed
> > >
> > > if (result == 0x10)
> > >
> > > to:
> > >
> > > if (result == 0x0c)
> >
> > This bit is testing whether the bootcode has been loaded onto the dec or
> > not yet.  For me, 0x10 gets returned if the bootcode is not loaded yet.
> > It would be useful if you could insmod dvb-ttusb-dec with debug=1 and
> > send me the kernel log lines between 'ttusb_dec_init_stb' and
> > 'ttusb_dec_boot_dsp'.
>
> see attached. Somehow it seems to boot, disconnect, boot again ?
>
> > Could you also let me know what the firmware version of your dec is,
> > please?
>
> I had made an update over air (I am living in Berlin, Germany) and it says
> software version is:
>  DEC2000-t Ver 1.05de

Thanks for sending your logs.  I've checked some changes into cvs that should
make things a little cleaner for you.  I'm surprised your dec doesn't just go
into a rebooting loop as it's getting the bootcode sent a second time with
your modification.

You should be able to turn-on/plug-in the dec before or after loading the
module (turning off/unplugging is a different matter right now - make sure
you stop any streams first).  When the module first detects the dec it should
send it the bootcode and then the dec should reboot.  When this has happened
the dec will stay in a slave state to the pc, until you pull the dec's power
cable out.

I get no graphical glitches at all.  I am just using tzap, ts2ps and mplayer
like this:

tzap -r 'BBC ONE'
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | ts2ps 600 601 | mplayer -vo xv -ao oss -

The only time I've seen corrupt video like you describe is when I forget to
pipe through ts2ps but then I get no sound either.  If you continue to have
problems, please let me know.  Could you give more details about what you
mean by streams getting set up that the dec does not deliver, please?

Here in the UK, there are no over air updates yet.  My dec is only firmware
v0.78.  I'm tempted to try the German firmwares from the Hauppauge website,
but they say Germany only.

Cheers,
Alex