[linux-dvb] Re: dec2000-t success

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Alex Woods wrote:

> Thanks for sending your logs.  I've checked some changes into cvs that should
> make things a little cleaner for you.  I'm surprised your dec doesn't just go
> into a rebooting loop as it's getting the bootcode sent a second time with
> your modification.

Thanks. Seems to work.

> I get no graphical glitches at all.  I am just using tzap, ts2ps and mplayer
> like this:
>
> tzap -r 'BBC ONE'
> cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 | ts2ps 600 601 | mplayer -vo xv -ao oss -

tzap gives this:
[root@gin build-2.4]# tzap ProSieben
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
tuning to 658000000 Hz
status 1f | signal 00ff | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal 00ff | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK

and so on until I ^C. It does tune to the desired channel though.
cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 does not give any data. I have to:
dvbstream -o 8192 | ts2ps 0 0 | mplayer

> The only time I've seen corrupt video like you describe is when I forget to
> pipe through ts2ps but then I get no sound either.  If you continue to have
> problems, please let me know.  Could you give more details about what you
> mean by streams getting set up that the dec does not deliver, please?

Yes, it pretty much looks like when you feed the output of dvbstream
directly to mplayer. It's hard to reproduce, most of the times it works
fine. I suspect some timing problem or race condition because it appears
to be more frequent when the usb-uhci interrupt is shared with other
devices. I'll let you know when I have found a testcase that provokes the
problem reproducibly. About the streams: when running tzap I noticed
requests for setting up video and audio streams in the log. As far as I
understand so far your driver will only give transport streams, nothing
else. Otoh this may be required to select and set up the pids. Here is an
excerpt from the log (tzap running):

Apr 27 22:14:16 gin kernel: ttusb_dec_start_feed
Apr 27 22:14:16 gin kernel:   pid: 0x0131
Apr 27 22:14:16 gin kernel:   type: DMX_TYPE_TS
Apr 27 22:14:16 gin kernel:   ts_type: TS_DECODER
Apr 27 22:14:16 gin kernel:   pes_type: DMX_TS_PES_VIDEO

Regards,
Reiner