[linux-dvb] Re: TS -> PS stream - How?

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

Does anyone have a good reference on how to do this (ie in addition to
source for ts2ps and dvbstream).
Why do you need a PS? If you're doing software decoding: most codecs
accept directly PES packets which you can get from the Demux using
read() calls...

The app (mythtv) is written to need PS or PES packets.

However, I need to assume that people could be using a budget card which I
don't think can supply the demux device with PES packets?
It can, the software demux will act as fallback.

Trying to add integration of DVB into mythtv and this is one of the last
major hurdles
Bitstram format is described in ITU H.222.0, you get get this standard o
on the ITU home pages.

Thanks, I will take a look.  Is this really the best source of info besides
those two chunks of code though...?
Maybe you want to take a look into the TS demuxers of xine/vlc/mplayer too? Some of them are only available as external patches.

Holger