[linux-dvb] Re: problems with Nova-T card in UK with new DVB driver

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 10:27, Simon Moore wrote:

> Last night I changed my channels.conf to change the Code Rate Low Priority
> from "D12"  to "D0" which seemed to help a bit, though I would have to test
> things over a longer period to be certain.  BBC2 still seemed to have quite
> a few problems though I seemed to be able to switch to BBC3 more reliably!
> BBC1 always works.  Very strange since they are all on the same multiplex.

They are, but AIUI BBC1 uses a fixed bandwidth whereas  the others are use
statmux (I think that's the term).

BBC1 is fixed in order that regional variations in programming can be
broadcast, whereas the others are identical across the country and a channel
momentarily requiring more bandwith than the others can be given it at the
expense of the bandwidth of the others.

I can't see how this might affect the lock, but it's possible I guess.

Andy