[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T crashes Mandrake 9.1

OK. You guys were right. The noapic option didn't help - the machine went into the same irq loop as previously. But moving the card from slot 2 to slot 3 resolved the problem, whether or not I boot with the noapic option. With the card in slot 3, it shares IRQ 11 with a USB controller and the SCSI card with the noapic option, and has IRQ 22 to itself without the noapic option. tzap now tunes fine. dvbtune is as useless as ever (never got an answer from Dave Chapman why dvbtune -i was giving me such bizarre info), but at least doesn't crash the machine. Conclusion: linux isn't as good as people say at sharing IRQs.

Now I've just got to figure out how to use DVB as anything other than the root user (Mandrake uses devfs and there seems to be no connection between the dvb lines in /etc/devfsd.conf, which adjust permission and setup symlinks on files under /dev/dvb/card[0-9]+ and /dev/ost, and the devices and permissions actually setup under /dev/dvb/adapter[0-9]+), and put a workable interface on it (VDR is out as this won't be connected to a TV).

Cheers,

Bruno Prior