[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T crashes Mandrake 9.1

As I understand it, linux should handle IRQ sharing. I have to say, I've suspected linux's incompetence at IRQ sharing as the cause of God know's how many problems, but I have been told previously that it shouldn't be a problem to have more than one piece of hardware on the same IRQ. And to be frank, if linux can't handle this, we might as well all stop bothering now.

I could try it in another slot, but if this is the solution, it may be the final straw that puts me off linux forever.

Thanks for replying, but I'm going to hold off changing things in the hope that someone has an alternative suggestion.

Cheers,

Bruno Prior

Matthew Walton wrote:
You did noticed that your network card and DVB-T card are both on IRQ
21, I hope? That would suggest to me to be a likely probable cause... I
know, motherboards should be smarter about stuff like that, but they're
not.

You're not going to like this... but did you try putting it in another
slot?