[linux-dvb] Re: PID histogram

Hi Felix

FYI

Tried your traffic.c.

Felix Domke wrote:
i once wrote a tiny program (http://kuehlschrank.ath.cx/traffic.c) which opens pid 0x2000 and display traffic stats. You may take this as a start, it will display bitrates and number of received packets.
You have to use some tool like gnuplot etc. to display the data (and modify the output, of course)
Just for clarification, it seems that for your program to work, one
must excute a program like dvbstream. Is that intended ?

Another problem that I have is that I can only get your
program to work sometimes. 5 out or 6 times it just reads
between 50-1800 packets and then waits in a read().

Sometimes it works and produce something like

bash-2.05a$ ./traffic
0135  2715 p/s   498 kb/s  4084 kbit
0136   136 p/s    24 kb/s   205 kbit
2000  2852 p/s   523 kb/s  4289 kbit
0135  2256 p/s   414 kb/s  3393 kbit
0136   140 p/s    25 kb/s   211 kbit
2000  2397 p/s   440 kb/s  3605 kbit
0135  1700 p/s   312 kb/s  2558 kbit
0136   111 p/s    20 kb/s   167 kbit
2000  1812 p/s   332 kb/s  2725 kbit
0135  1056 p/s   193 kb/s  1589 kbit
0136   118 p/s    21 kb/s   178 kbit
2000  1175 p/s   215 kb/s  1767 kbit

but mostly it ends up waiting.

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/