[linux-dvb] Re: PID histogram

Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:

Just for clarification, it seems that for your program to work, one
must excute a program like dvbstream. Is that intended ?
You have to tune to a channel before and don't let the frontend shut down after that. Either you leave the tuning-program active or you use the parameter to disable the shutdown if no frontend user is active (can't remember them, sorry. Was something like "timeout=0").

Another problem that I have is that I can only get your
program to work sometimes. 5 out or 6 times it just reads
between 50-1800 packets and then waits in a read().
Hm, the only case where it waits is when there is no data anymore to read. This might be the cause when the frontend - after the close from the tuning program - is closed and shuts down after the timeout period.

Another cause might be an overflow, but that should be printed on screen. ("read: ...")

Sometimes it works and produce something like
bash-2.05a$ ./traffic
0135  2715 p/s   498 kb/s  4084 kbit
0136   136 p/s    24 kb/s   205 kbit
2000  2852 p/s   523 kb/s  4289 kbit
0135  2256 p/s   414 kb/s  3393 kbit
0136   140 p/s    25 kb/s   211 kbit
2000  2397 p/s   440 kb/s  3605 kbit
0135  1700 p/s   312 kb/s  2558 kbit
0136   111 p/s    20 kb/s   167 kbit
2000  1812 p/s   332 kb/s  2725 kbit
0135  1056 p/s   193 kb/s  1589 kbit
0136   118 p/s    21 kb/s   178 kbit
2000  1175 p/s   215 kb/s  1767 kbit
That output seems to be OK, but should - of course - continue.

By the way, on which transponder are you tuning for this? Seems to be one without PAT/PMT.

felix