[linux-dvb] Re: Linux on SAT receivers

Felix Domke writes:
 > I'm, for myself, very interested in the upcoming, commercial Linux-based
 > Boxes (for comparisation), but unfortunally i haven't seen any of them.

While we are on this off-topic for this list, I would like to ask for
a good suggestion for low-power (i.e. fanless) Linux platform.  I was
going for VIA EPIA mini-ITX board but it looks like VIAs Linux support
is like:

	"Yes, you can boot to Linux.  You won't have good sound or
	 access to hw-MPEG decoder, but we support it.  Really.  Maybe
	 we provide non-functioning binary drivers for some
	 distributions of our choise."

Any other low-power compact boards available with good Linux support
and powerful enough to decode MPEG (also divx) and S-video output, USB
and Eth100?

The link to linux-dvb is that I plan to locate computer with dvb
board(s) and lots of disks to utility room and small, silent computers
without any local disks to next to TVs.

--
Markus Peuhkuri        ! http://www.iki.fi/puhuri/