[linux-dvb] Re: Also getting the 'gotcha' with the scan program and general questions

Gavin Hamill wrote:

> Matthew Walton wrote:
> > That is, however, a seriously suboptimal solution, I found the
> > passthrough on that kind of card mucks up the quality of the SVGA signal
>
> Yes, I use the Dxr3 purely as a S-Video output.
>
> > and it's not exactly convenient to output to a seperate television.
>
> If your goal was to have a TiVo, isn't it appropriate to assume the box
> would be based in a living room with a television rather than in the
> 'shack' surrounded by VGA monitors? :)

Hey, that's not always the case.  Personally, I'm trying to build a
TiVo-like device in my kitchen with a Microtouch TFT touchscreen.  I've
already got a TiVo in the living room, so why would I build another one for
in there?  ;-)