[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-t with new tuner

Jim Darby <jim@jimbocorp.uklinux.net> writes:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I too have just purchased a Nova-T card in the UK (I'll be posting more
> of this later). However, as I understand it, it had been in the shop for
> several months before I bought it.
[...]
> 00:09.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: 13c2:1005
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 5
>         Memory at de100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
>
> Sounds like there's a new version of the card out there! I'm glad I seem

There is indeed. The subsystem ID for my card is 13c2:1011.

I've found out a little more about it. The tuner is a
Philips TDA10045H which has a public datasheet, but
the datasheet doesn't document the I2C registers!!
argh! So close, yet so far.

I have found a datasheet for the CD1316L (this is the
supra module. My module is a TD1316L) which does
document the I2C registers, so the next step is
to see if the register interface is the same.

(CD1316L docs are at http://pisces.ethz.ch/iraseb/PCsoft/CD1300L_03.pdf )

Michael, finding it slow going.