[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-t with new tuner

Hi Michael,

I too have just purchased a Nova-T card in the UK (I'll be posting more
of this later). However, as I understand it, it had been in the shop for
several months before I bought it.

The message I get when loading the device drivers are as follows:

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:09.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 00:10.1
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Grundig 29504-401)...

The relevant output from lspci -v is as follows:

00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH: Unknown device 1005
        Memory at de100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

and from lspci -v -n is:

00:09.0 Class 0480: 1131:7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: 13c2:1005
        Memory at de100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

Sounds like there's a new version of the card out there! I'm glad I seem
to have the slightly older and supported version. After a particularly
nasty fight with a WinModem I really don't have the strength.

Cheers,

Jim.