[linux-dvb] Re: Evil transmitters: a gotcha with the scan program (but not it's fault)

Jim Darby:
> By the way, the scan program also seems to occasionally produce the
> wrong apid for some channels. Its sometimes one too high. So, for
> example, it claims BBC 1 is uses vpid 600 (correct) and apid 602 (wrong,
> it should be 601).

both 601 and 602 are listed as sound in the meta info. I've seen 602
listed as "gaelic" sound I think, but at times it's not, eg look at this
dump (made now) for BBC 1:

PGM-MAP: #4167 v17 0/0 pcr 600
-stream: type mpeg2-video id 600
[...]
-stream: type mpeg1-audio id 601
--stream_identifier: component_tag 2
--iso_language: language_code eng audio_type 0
-stream: type pes-private id 603
[...]
-stream: type mpeg1-audio id 602
--iso_language: language_code eng audio_type 3
--stream_identifier: component_tag 6
-stream: type 13818-6-B id 1005
[...]

602 is listed as english audio, type 3 means "visually impaired
commentary"
so if scan filters on language but not on type it could get the
"wrong" one. It may be challenging to get a filter that gets the
correct one all the time for all broadcasters.

--
franck@nenie.org