[linux-dvb] Re: Kde disturbs driver

On Fri, 9 May 2003 tomas@ladata.se wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I run  the linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 driver on my Suse 8.1 machine under
> Kde something disturbs the picture and sound.
> The disturbances are sporadic with some seconds interval.
> Under Windowmaker everything works OK.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same?

Not exactly in this context, but it may be the same problem. Depending on
your configuration, KDE starts a couple of programs, e.g. autorun. This
polls the CD drive to find out whether the user put in a CD. When there is
no CD it takes a while for the driver to time-out. I had the feeling that
interrupts are blocked during this period. Try putting a CD in your drive,
and test if the problem goes away. Also, look in ~/.kde/Autostart and
remove everything that you don't need. Using low-latency patched kernel
may also help.

Regards,
Reiner