[linux-dvb] Re: Support for Nova-T with TDA10045?

Hi,

> I have the same problem with a Lorenzen DVB-T Budget I bought.
> I send a mail to TechnoTrend some hours ago, maybe they could help
> directly. Additional I will call "Philips Semiconductor Sales" in
> Germany at monday or send them a fax.

Ok, I hope you manage to get through to them.

> I didn't found any mail-address on the whole Philips site.

I found a contact form on the Philips site - it's very well hidden! I've asked
them for the software details for the chip.

> I also think that ripping the microcode from the windows driver itself
> will definitely illegal. So we need the permission from Philips for
> that part.

I don't see why this would be any different to the WinTV PVR 250 driver. The
microcode itself isn't distributed. People get the driver files from the
manufacturer and extract the microcode using a script.

But hopefully Philips or TechnoTrend will provide us with the necessary
information and we can avoid the need to do this.

Martin