[linux-dvb] KNC1/DVB-S - Errors in TS for PID...

Michael Lipka writes:
 > [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (7bit)>]
 > First I'd like to thank everybody who helped me getting started with
 > their answers to my first posting.
 >
 > With the Metzler driver 1.1.6b, libdvb-0.4.0, tuxzap 0.4.0 and by
 > using some prebuilt .dvbrcs for ASTRA I can now record from a few
 > channels.  While Pro7 and Kabel1 work perfectly, I get "Errors in TS
 > for PID:..." for most "oeffentlich-rechtliche" and no output at all
 > for many others (Sat.1 for instance, although tspids shows me the PIDs
 > are 1792 34.)
 >
 > A friendly mechanic lent me a stand-alone digital receiver which works
 > very well when plugged into the same switch port as the KNC-1.
 >
 > >From the mailing list I read that ts-errors may be caused by weak
 > signals, so I fine-tuned the orientation of the dish (although the
 > external receiver already worked before).  Situation is as before.
 >
 > Is the channel config installation-dependent?  Do I need to build my
 > own?  (And if so,- why does the stand-alone receiver work out of the
 > box?)  Which tool to use to build the channel list? (szap stops after
 > writing ~20-30 lines to STDERR). Is dvbtune from dvbtools the right
 > one?

You can get a channel list from satcodx.com and use it as dvbrc
(e.g. http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0192.sdx for astra).
Try satscan in libdvb to see which transponders are found (e.g satscan
0192.sdx).
The 1.1.6b is an older version of the driver with some bugs. I don't
know when Ralph plans to post a newer version, it depends on how we
can handle CI support.
The frequencies for the transponder depend on the accuracy of your
LNB. If there is a slight offset, it should be corected by the zig-zag
scan in the driver, which may not work correctly in the old version.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |