[linux-dvb] Re: Question about PTS in TS

Hi,

> often when parsing a TS coming from DVB drivers, I read an audio PTS
> roughly 4 seconds lower than the corresponding video PTS closest to it.
>
> I determine the pts based on the content of the PES header when
> payload_unit_start_indicator is 1; is it correct?
>
> As far as I understand there's no pts indication in the ES field, right?
>
> I wonder if this is normal and if I need to correct the pts using some
> content present in the tables or in some other field.
>
> Can anyone shed some light, please?

I've also noticed that (huge) 4-6 sec audio preload in TS streams, while
working on mplayer-g2's a-v sync code. samples (at ftp.mplayerhq.hu) shown
that audio is started 4-6 sec earlier, so i have to compensate (pause video
for such long time) to get a-v sync. Ie. the PTS values from header are
correct, just the audio preload is unusally big.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team