[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C status [was:DVB-C in Helsinki]

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> OK, I tested with a Siemens DVB-C Rev.1.5, and it worked flawless for
> Berlin cable. So I committed Jaakko's patch.
>
> But according to Holger there are some problems:
> - some DVB-C cards might not work without the zig-zag scan
> - the IF 35937500 Hz might be wrong for other VES1820 based DVB-C
>   cards; it might be necessary to probe for the PLL used on the card

  Thanks to you and thanks to those people who tried the patch!

  The IF 36MHz may work also, after all it sounds more probably something
someone has specified as the IF.. this just gave the closest to zero AFC
register readout here (I have two cards, both were the same).  Might be
production deviation..? It would be nice to see what kind of afc values
people get, especially in Berlin with the Siemens rev 1.5 card.

  I put up dvb7.diff, where I try to implement FE_GET_FRONTEND to check
AFC.  getfronted.c utility and that diff is up again at
http://www.iki.fi/hyvatti/dvb/ .  To make sure the case is closed could
you folks check your actual tuned freq vs what was the input setting with
this and post here or email me?

Jaakko

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com