[linux-dvb] Re: OutCommand: timeout waiting for COMMAND idle; SOutCommand error; outcom error

At 19:20 17/05/2003, you wrote:

Hello Gregor!

Unfortunately I cannot confirm this.
I use this Patch, since then you these first time published.
Since today i use the Patch for the current CVS-Driver!
The error is comprehensible with and without this patch.
Yes, I've noticed this too. I've had hoped it would be more stable with the patch in the driver, but it was false hope. See my last posting to the vdr list :(

I'm sure this will be fixed soon (hopefully in the firmware where the root cause appears to be). For now when I need a stable solution it's back to 0.9.4 and vdr 1.1.13 for me...

-- this bug also seems closely related to "buffer empty" messages, as I suspect the buffer is either underflowing or overflowing at certain times because of Buffer Synchronization and Startup ( http://www.bretl.com/mpeghtml/bufsync.HTM )

- Gregor